Monday, September 06, 2010

Stunned and not stunned

By Sunday night, I finally reached the end of a very humbling situation. One that woke me up at 4:30 am on Sunday and required me to work and clean for a long time. Naturally, the Mets won the one game I did not attend in Chicago. And I was especially upset upon finding out around 8 p.m. that the Jets released fullback Tony Richardson, a 15-year veteran, who is one of their most noted and revered leaders. In fact, with the off-season releases of Thomas Jones and Alan Faneca, T-Rich may be considered their most notable leader on offense.

So Labor Day arrived and I was headed to work for a 6-hour shift. I woke up around 6:10, headed into the basement, sat at my desk, and flipped on the tube. Just my typical morning routine. I turn on ESPN Radio and I was absolutely dumbstruck at the caption on the bottom of my screen.
Jets and CB Darrelle Revis agree to 4-year contract.
With an empty house, I let out a huge tribal scream! The day prior, I had resigned myself that Revis would not suit up for at least the first two games of the season, if not longer. But the best defense in football has now added their best player and the best cover corner in the sport. The Super Bowl has now become a plausible goal again.
On the other hand, what I started to ponder about two weeks ago, then worry about a week ago, and then get aggravated about on Saturday, well, I guess it became official today. After all, it's on Facebook, so it's gospel truth. My typical horseshit luck in that department. What a waste.
Moving on, 5 quick hits.
1) I'm very excited for the CT retreat this weekend. Looking at the people going and comparing to what we had two years ago, I realize some things have to change over time.
2) At the same time, I have to miss a Kentucky meeting, Festival of the Vine, and the Ring of Honor PPV.
3) I am really in the mood for some Lucky Monk pizza. That spinach, San Marzano tomato, and goat cheese combo tastes so good...
4) I'm not much of a John Cena fan, but I thought he carried himself tremendously well in his interview with Boomer and Carton on the FAN today. He came across the airwaves as articulate, entertaining, and engaging. And his rap on Craig was priceless.
5) Itunes need to get with the program and get some Lee Roy Parnell music on there.

No comments: