Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Detour

Five quick hits:

1) I like the Rangers picking up Avery, Antropov, and Morris. But I still have not seen this team play 60 minutes of hockey all season long. I believe John Tortorella can inspire this team to do that. But the vacation period is over. After leading the Eastern Conference through the first third of the season, if the post-season started today, the Rangers would miss the playoffs. Time to man up.

2) I still get a kick out of seeing myself on DVD's, but I get a bigger kick out of seeing my friends on DVD's when they are acting like complete utter lunatics.

3) Can MSG and the NHL resolve this stupid dispute so we can watch the Rangers, Sabres, Devils, and Islanders in Hi-Def on the Center Ice Package? Spoiled, maybe. But if we pay for it, we should get our money's worth.

4) Cara cara oranges make you stop and think. I got these at the store and took one to work today. It's about the size of a navel orange. I peel the skin, open it up, and the inside is pink as a grapefruit. It is really sweet, not too acidic, and best of all, no seeds. I guess these are from South America and only available in the US from December through March. Good stuff. Much better than the grapple (grape/apple combo). What a joke that is.

5) I have only one song to pick on a night like this: "Crazy Arms" by Ray Price.

No comments: