Saturday, June 05, 2010

2 AM and I should be asleep

Then again, I just got home from the Cadillac Ranch. I acutually danced to one song. And I wasn't quite ready to crash under the covers. Something about the combo of LI iced teas, music, and after midnight that fuels my creativity.

1) I love this. So two certain baseball teams play each other next weekend. I can only wonder who the fraud will be rooting for...

2) Cooked up mustard-bourbon pork chops and roasted garlic mashed potatoes today. I was working so hard I felt the sweat streaming down my face. But I seriously may have outdone myself this time. Between the seasoning and length of time in the pan, I don't know if I have tasted a better pork chop in my life. And I have learned a key lesson. Roasted garlic makes the best mashed potatoes in the world.

3) Good job my Mets beating Florida twice. Now they have to learn to win on the road.

4) Has there ever been a phonier injury in the history of sports than Follie Perez suffering from patella tendinitis? He should be placed on the DL for a completely lack of backbone! Or because he simply blows!

5) Over the last 48 hours, I have prayed as hard as I can remember in a long time. I do believe in the power of community prayer.

6) At rare times, I may feel isolated. But it sure beats the alternative I could have been living with if I had chosen to take that particular path.

Song pick: "Because You Can't Be Mine" Merle Haggard

No comments: