Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Total Package

1) As I write, I am listening to Lex Luger's interview on Pro Wrestling Powerhouse. He's one of my favorite pro wrestlers ever and he just released his autobiography this past week. What's so interesting is that Tyndale in Wheaton, which is just 20 minutes from my house, is the publisher. I know a few people who work there and I even applied for work there several times. I am definitely looking forward to reading Wrestling With the Devil; I just hope Lex comes to Chicago so I can get my book signed. Hopefully, it won't take 13 years, like with Mick Foley.

2) Today, I achieved my highest error rate at Kaplan. I completed 37 of 38 submitted files correctly for a 97 percent rate, over 30 percent better than my score on Tuesday. I'm very happy about it and I was also pleased when two of my colleagues congratulated me. But now I have to keep it going. It was one day. I proved what I am capable of. Now I need to prove that I can keep my performance at that optimum level.

3) Let's see...today, Dad went to Mets vs Braves, Catherine went to Yankees vs Blue Jays, Julie is now in NY after winning the Mets FanCave contest and is going to two games. What am I still doing in Chicago?!

4) I'm not feeling a burning desire to attend my 10-year college reunion in Massachusetts in six weeks. Between flying, renting a car, finding a hotel, and not knowing who I will and won't see, I just don't know if this would be worth it.

5) The "break" has essentially been made. It was a long time coming. It had to happen. And then are are those who can't accept a break has happened. Some people need to just move on and let certain things go. And to stop reaching for things that can never be reached.

Song pick: "We Had It All" Waylon Jennings

No comments: