Monday, June 06, 2016

Contemplating the future

I've never been more open to moving than I am now. The cold has a little to do with it. The fact that I don't want to be here when the Cubs win the World Series has a little to do with it. Yeah, I said it. The lack of close friends in this area and growing number if friends around the country has something to do with it. The fact that my father had talked about moving somewhere for two decades and never did also has something to do with it.

But here's what it really comes down to. I feel I'm progressing personally and professionally pretty quickly. As a result, I'm gaining confidence to a point that I have more to offer than what I knew. And that's saying a lot, considering the confidence issues I've had since I was a kid. I do enjoy the culture of Chicago, it's truly special. I have been here on and off for 19 years and all of the last 13. It's a home. But I don't believe this is where I want to live the rest of my life.

I do not know what city I want to move to, though I have a few ideas. The advantage I have is working at the school that I do, there are dozens of locations across the country. I have no lack of options. And with the work I've put in with this company, and ten years experience in this industry, I know what I have to offer. I'm just keeping my mind open and I believe by this time next year, something in my life will be different. It better be, because I want to be willing to take more chances and take a more proactive approach to my life.

Lead me oh Lord. Guide me along the way. Show me how to listen to you first, before anyone else. Amen.

No comments: