Saturday, June 24, 2017

What's happening in this world

1) The NHL draft party was a very fun experience. For free, I got to take my picture with the Stanley Cup, the best trophy in sports. I also did a combine, where I tested my jumping ability, puck handling, slap shot power, shooting accuracy, and passing. The centennial museum truck was pretty cool with videos, classic sticks, jerseys, and other memorabilia. Inside the United Center, I got to try on the new Adidas jerseys and have my own Upper Decker hockey card made. The only annoying thing was every line was 45 minutes to an hour.

2) These parades this weekend are really embarrassing. So many people have no idea what love is. It's not having perverted feelings and acting on selfish desires. It's about sacrifice and deciding to value someone more than one values themselves. And the funny part is that those people who support these actions become the most hateful people in America when anyone disagrees with them. The very definite of hypocrisy.

3) I have been advised of being petty negative about my teams. My response is what else can I do? But no team has ever let me down like the Mets of this season. I wanted a championship this season. After the hell of the last two years, this was the time. They had the team to do it. Between the injuries, bad fundamental playing, burying their best prospects in the minors, more injuries, bizarre lineup decisions, and even more injuries, the season died in the middle of June. Though I can say with confidence I knew by late May that it was over. The fact that I want the disgusting Jets to start soon is just pathetic.

4) I was at the Elgin ribfest last Sunday night. I went alone, as I usually do. I sat down in the tent to chow on some ribs from Smokin Joe's in Ohio. A guy sat across from me, and soon, his girlfriend or wife joined. She looked at me inquisitively and eventually realized she'd cut my hair at SportClips. Within a few minutes, she tried to hook me up with her cousin. I haven't met her yet, but from the description I got, I'm thinking she's obese. Plus she has cats and loves comic books. Let's just say I'm not overly optimistic about this.

5) I'm convinced there is not one good single woman in the entire Midwest. Convinced.

6) I finally watched "The Big Lebowski." That was just weird. I don't see what the fuss was.

No comments: