Sunday, August 06, 2017

It's Saturday But I Could Swear It's Sunday

I have a three hour wait in the Providence airport before I fly to Charlotte, and then fly to Newport News. Time for some reflections.
 
1) The Philly burger and onion rings with Chipotle ketchup at Bobby Flay's Burger Palace​ are tremendous.
 
2) New England is just so gray and drab. It y be cloudy there at least 360 days a year.
 
3) I truly hate baseball right now. I wish it would go on strike. The Mets have completely numbed me.
 
4) I've been to five different churches in Virginia. One of them, I have no interest in, there are three that I'm moderately interested in, and there is one I'm quite interested in. Location and small groups will probably make a big impact on where I go. I have two more to go to, I really want to decide by the end of August where I will go.
 
5) TSA agent at security in Providence refused to touch my Jets cap. He tried to joke me with about who our quarterback would be. I wanted to deck him for being an asshole. Rather, I simply muttered, "It doesn't matter," and walked off.
 
6) Joe is simply one of my best friends in the world, even though we've only met twice now. He drove to Mohegan Sun to hang with me and we vented over another pitiful Mets loss while drinking Irish beer and Miller High Life.
 
7) There are really moments when I dread life. Those moments of fear, when the world just wants to stop me from moving forward, at least it can feel that way for me. I'm finally learning that life needs to be appreciated. Because I want to live my life in personal and Christian peace, I do not want to live in fear and worry. I am liking myself more these days, but I do wonder what would it would take for me to be able to look at myself and be completely content. I think one thing that could help that would be having peace of mind in moments when I'm tempted to panic. Some of those are financially based, some are relational, and some are about my physical state. I think learning to like myself is something I need to do. After all, if I don't like myself, why should anyone else?
 
8) It amazes me that I want to date, yet I'm scared that it's going to cripple me financially. Maybe it's just an easy excuse to save myself from further heartbreak.
 
9) One week from now, I'll be in my apartment. It's exciting, but it's a little scary to be leaving the hotel I've stayed in for three weeks.
 
10) I'm ready to get back to Virginia. I really feel it. And I think that's a good sign that it's feeling more like home.
 
PS. I didn't know I'd be sitting in first class. Keep the red wine flowing...

No comments: