Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Working, ECW

I hate my boss. I just hate her and the way she manages. God help me, I need to get out soon. I've been crapped on so much lately I believe I should start a toilet paper business.

E-C-F'N-W!!!!

Great to hear both reunion shows for Extreme Championship Wrestling went so well. I remeber when I first started watching ECW in 1995. I was flipping the dials and came to MSG Network around 1:30 a.m. yes, a.m. Steve Austin was cutting a promo and I stopped to see what this was. I knew Austin was a good wrestler that I hated in WCW. Then I saw Bubba Ray Dudley before he joined forces with D-Von. This was when he was just a stuttering idiot. From there, Taz, Rob Van Dam, the Pit Bulls, Rey Mysterio, the Eliminators (the greatest tag team that never made the big time), Tommy Dreamer, Beulah, Shane Douglas, Francine, Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Lance Storm, Masato Tanaka, Mike Awesome and on and on we could go. Man, it was incredible. After watching the WWF and WCW since 1985, it was so refreshing to see a different style of wrestling that was in your face, ass kicking, and tough. Now it was not for everyone with the hardcore action, blood, and all that kind of stuff. And there were quite a few things I saw from them I was very opposed to. But there was a certain freedom and passion that just came out of ECW that made me watch it. It was sad when they closed in 2001. It's been 4 years and it doesn't seem quite that long ago.

Speaking of Van Dam, I'll still never forget meeting him in the Denver airport. He was a very cool guy and we talked for about 10 minutes. That will always be a favorite memory of mine.

Sorry, but TNA doesn't do it for me. I don't need to watch X-Pac and Billy Gunn anymore. I saw enough of them when they were in DX.

No comments: