Monday, December 03, 2007

How am I awake?

I should be all but passed out right now after the last three days. From start to finish this was one of the craziest weekends I can remember. I'm not feeling up to writing a 100 inch post, so I figured I'd do this one a new way: a timeline.

FRIDAY
5:00- Left work
6:00-After 2 Portillo's hot dogs, I went to my group in Glen Ellyn.
7:30- Left group, drove straight to Candy's house in Elgin for a little Come Thirsty party.
8:00-Arrived in Elgin
9:00-Won $245,000 with two of my "business partners". OK, it was in Deal or No Deal.
10:00- Left party, drove to work at the newspaper
10:20- A heavy Friday night of covering high school basketball
12:30-Quitting time
1:00 am-Hit the sack

SATURDAY
7:30-Woke up and started decorating the house for Christmas
9:00-Left for the gym, arrived home about 3 hours later.
12:00-On the way home the snow started falling. And there was barely a dusting on the ground as I came to the dreaded slippery corner of Dunham and Country Club in St. Charles. Skidded twice, but I was ok.
1:15-Lunch was pasta with chicken and sausage
2:00-Left for the Herald and the snow was really coming down hard now and the 25 mph wind was swirling. I stayed in the office for 2 hours
4:30-After watching the Rangers beat the Senators in Ottawa over the computer (since there was practically nothing to do), I left for Chicago Ridge and RING OF HONOR! And my driver's side door was frozen solid. Thankfully, I got in through the passenger side.
5:45-Arrived at the Frontier Fieldhouse. The roads were nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. They were wet, but not at all slippery or icy.
6:30-Doors open. Purchased 4 DVD's.
7:30-Preshow begins.
8:00-ROH starts. Not all the talent could get to the building on time so the Trios Tournament was scrapped. Poor Gabe Sapolsky. He had to rebook the whole show on the fly.
10:30-Damn! Bryan Danielson lost!
11:30 Show ends. Not the best show ever, but ROH live is always awesome. I met a lot of cool people too. I wouldn't pay for a second row ticket again though. It's not much better than a third.
11:45-For the first time, I checked out Rosa's for the after show party. I go into this tiny pizzeria/lounge. Tables are set up and they bring out this buffet of thin and thick crust pizza, ziti, sausage and peppers, salad, chicken parmesan, and bread. Incredible. The wrestlers filed in and I was sitting right next to them as they were eating. It was surreal, I could not stop giggling. Then some of the guys did Karaoke! Between "I Got You Babe" "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" "Tiny Dancer" "Baby Got Back" I could barely stop laughing. BTW, how van some of these guys watch their diets, work out every day, barely drink, and still smoke cigarettes. What kind of mentality does that require?
2:00- Left the party, began the drive for home
2:45-In the door. The roads were a breeze.
3:15-In bed

SUNDAY
7:30- Out of bed because I'm nuts!
9:15- Left for church
9:30-Come Thirsty. That's the time I got there, but we really don't start until 10:00.
11:00-Church at FBCG
12:00-Stop in at Rookie's to watch the first half of the lovely Jets and whatever other football games were going on. Half asleep, I drank Rockstar for the first time. It wasn't the greatest taste, but hey, it kept me feeling awake.
1:15-Drove to Wheaton Academy for the volleyball playoffs.
2:00-Won our semifinal in two straight games.
2:40-Waited for the next two matches in another league to finish so we could get a court back to play the championship. Saw Kimberly for the first time in a while and we caught up on stuff. Even though we're teammates, we hadn't seen each other in about 6 weeks. Meanwhile, I heard about Matt going to the Casting Crowns show at NIU and there was an extra ticket. I volunteered to take it. And suddenly my Sunday night was booked!
3:00-Won the first game and it was tight. Kam had to leave midway through, so we were down one player. And their new guy (who's about 6'8 with a huge stache), complained a slapped his hand too hard after the handshakes following the first game. I didn't realize he had a back issue, but I didn't even swing that hard. He didn't need to yell though. And after we won the first game, the other team started complaining how we had an unfair advantage because we had 4 guys and 1 girl. So we had to play 4 on the court and rotate a guy in. No problem, we whipped them 25-13. And it felt great to beat them. I think I played my best match of the year. My spikes and net play were spot on and so was my defense. I need to get my serve in more though. It's just not falling for me.
4:00- Headed home, cleaned up, watched a little of the Giants-Bears.
5:30- Drove to Laura's house. Of course I was early. I'm early for everything.
6:00- Dec shows up and we drive to DeKalb. It was about 15 degrees, icy, and brutally windy. Listened to the final minutes of the GIANTS WIN!
7:00- Arrive in DeKalb
7:40- After fighting the line to get a parking spot, we get in the building, midway through the second act.
10:30-Show ends. I'm not into contemporary Christian music, but this was a very good show. I can see why Casting Crowns is so popular. Thankfully, they put the words on the screen so I had some idea what they were saying.
11:20-Arrive back at Laura's.
11:45-Get home
11:46-Plugged in ROH Driven DVD
2:00-Turned computer off and finally went to bed

So I've gotten 8 hours of sleep in the last 2 days. Hmm, it's 11 pm. I think I'd better quit while I'm ahead. Later.

No comments: