Thursday, October 02, 2008

Predictions and a recap

Here are my fair, unbiased, unswayed picks for the baseball postseason:
Angels in 5, Rays in 4, Dodgers in 4, Phillies in 3; Rays in 6, Dodgers in 6; Dodgers in 5

Wrigley Field amazed me. As loose as their fans were in the regular season, they were that tight for all of Game 1. That was stunning. They have been so raucous, so confident all summer long. Now the cold weather has descended. Loney hits the grand slam, I thought they were playing in an empty stadium. As Francesa said, it was like 40,000 Benigno's in the stands. They were like me when I watch the Mets, just waiting for the shoe to drop. By the way, how did Manny hit that pitch as far as he did? Let's see what the mentality of Mr. Zambrano is tonight. But I believe Chad Billingsley will become a household name after this game. I see 7 innings, 2 runs. I'm not saying the Dodgers will go up 2-0, but there will be no blowout tonight.

And Omar, our wonderful GM who has another 4 years in Queens, give Manny 2 years, whatever the price. I want him in here.

No comments: