Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sat night/Sun morning musings

1) First, where did the word musings come from anyway?

2) Always a great thing to watch John Ortberg preach live, which I was able to do tonight at Willow Creek. And I got to hear the Monopoly/It all goes back in the box analogy again! Brilliant.
3) I am honestly amazed how God sometimes gives me just the right words to say in very certain situations. And other times, well, I should just keep quiet.

4) I laid waste to a 2/3 pound burger at Urban Grille this afternoon. So I need to eat three of those to knock out their 2 pound burger challenge. I definitely think I can do that.

5) The Rangers are 0-4 on NBC this year. Tomorrow is Game #5 against Philadelphia. I will have to DVR that game while I am at Panera with CT. Anything less than two points is unacceptable in a contest as important as this one.

6) Speaking of Panera, I have been requested to share stories of my days working there back in 1997. Well, how many stories can you share from a place you worked at 15 hours a week for 4 weeks? And if my bosses had their way, it would have been 5 hours a week.

7) Sometimes I almost think I wrote the song "Fire and Smoke." Some of the lyrics are so autobiographical.

8) A few years ago, it felt like almost everyone around me was about to get married. Now so many people are pregnant or just had a kid. Even the ones in Arizona... Not to get too far into this, it doesn't matter now, but some of this really is mind-blowing. But I guess some people get different gifts than others.

9) Though it's not usually my thing, I like to see a twisted movie on Friday the 13th. Last night, I chose Lost Highway. A little too twisted for me. I'm not a fan of movies where the story is so shifting that it gets difficult to keep up with the story. I would recommend it only for the fact that it marks the final film appearances of Richard Pryor, Jack Nance, and Robert Blake. But out of 5 stars, this gets maybe 2.

10) I wish Hogan was still here.

Song pick: "Another Place, Another Time" Don Williams

No comments: