Thursday, August 05, 2010

The road goes on forever

1) Considering how my music tastes tend to lean towards country and classic rock, I don't know why it took so long to discover the Allman Brothers Band. I usually save this for the end, but I'm going to get it out of the way right now.

Song pick: "Whipping Post" Allman Brothers Band

2) Computer viruses suck. I'm just glad that we got ours removed. Only cost 90 bucks.

3) I really would like a Nick Mangold jersey.

4) My feet are hurting more these days. It's really hampering my ability to run and play frisbee. And after scoring eight goals in two weeks, I guess raised my expectations for myself way too high. Even though I scored once in all three games, I felt limited physically and mentally. Losing three straight doesn't help. And as soon as that final goal was scored, I left the field without an explanation for Best Buy. I had a phone to repair.

5) Two months until the burning ceremony.

6) Writing letters. Man, how many years has it been since I did that? The funny thing is, I still have a few letters laying around from some people I have not seen in a decade. They seem to mean more than an e-mail.

7) One more hits the dust. Just found out as I was typing. From downtown Chicago to downtown Wheaton to oblivion. What a shock...

8) I really thought I was going to bed by 11 tonight, especially after grabbing barely five hours last night. Thank God for music to cope. And to my buddies, Miller and Beam.

9) I feel like I've done a ton of lamenting here, but now my allergies are really bothering me. Took two Benadryls. If nothing else, I'll sleep well.

10) Looks like an empty Saturday. I guess the gym and post office will be on the agenda. Other than that, who really knows.

No comments: