Friday, August 27, 2010

Waiting in the Weeds

Just coming on the end of August.
Another summer's promise almost gone.
And though I heard some wise men say that every dog will have his day,
They never mentioned that these dog days get so long.

1) It's 9:30 and I have to wake up at 4 am for a flight to NYC. I should be sleeping now.

2) Itunes gift cards rock! Picked some Steve Winwood, Emilio, Mel McDaniel, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, John Anderson, Kenny Chesney (pre-Jimmy Buffet phase), Little Anthony & the Imperials

3) I finally picked up "Grace" by Jeff Buckley. I've been hearing a ton about this record for 15 years. I know nothing of what I'm going to hear. I am excited though.

4) Walgreen's wants to charge me 270 bucks for a prescription skin cream and foam wash. I guess that's because I don't have prescription insurance. Come on, seriously, I can buy three Jets jerseys for that.

5) Speaking of which, I love Hard Knocks. I don't like the team's play in the pre-season. Mark Sanchez got outplayed tonight by Rex freakin' Grossman! And Nick Folk better not miss another extra point ever again. Darrelle Revis' holdout isn't the only thing that has me nervous.

6) I raised all the money for my Kentucky trip inside of 5 days. That is phenomenal.

7) Five amazing weekends in a row starting today:
  • NYC
  • Two Mets-Cubs games (Reading the obituary section would be more exciting)
  • Kentucky Meeting, Festival of the Vine, ROH I-PPV from NYC
  • Come Thirsty Retreat to Michigan
  • Dragon Gate USA shows with the guys in Chicago and Milwaukee

8) I think if I could play one instrument, it would be bass. I can lurk in the background, yet I know how vital my role is. Then again, I'm the only one who would know.

9) I'm happy we had some hot days this summer. At least the temp finally reached 90 degrees a couple of times.

10) One of these days, these wide, arched feet will step foot in Canada.


No comments: