Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 weeks of procrastination

I think I've tried to write a post three times over the last two weeks but have just had no desire to finish. Let's go for it tonight.

1) Mom left this morning for her first of two tours over the next three weeks. I believe this one goes to NY state and Philly, I'm not quite sure.

2) Mom and I did spend a good weekend together in the city. We ate lunch at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co. This was the second time we had been to this unique eatery in located in Wicker Park, not far from DePaul University. We passed on the pizza pot pies, mainly because I can't get into the taste of brick cheese. But we certainly got that huge Mediterranean bread. And that Italian Fest salad was absolutely enormous and we actually ordered the smaller size. It had iceberg lettuce, smoked ham, Italian cappicola, provolone and Swiss cheeses, Italian sausage, meatballs, Genoa salami, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, green peppers, anchovies, tomatoes, olives, whole pepperoncini, sliced fresh mushrooms, whole pickled mushrooms, cucumbers, pickled red pimento peppers, chopped green onions...covered with freshly grated Romano cheese. And served with homemade sour cream garlic, sweet 'n sour poppyseed, and Italian dressings. Doesn't it look gorgeous?


3) My car is over at Royal Coach getting repaired. When this new bumper is installed, my car will be fixed. That just leaves my court date next month and I pray the judge will have sympathy for me. I really have no idea what to expect.

4) Went to Sportclips for a haircut and this was the first time that I had a manager cut my hair and I must say, the difference stunned me. Essentially, Colleen looked at my head, noticed how it grew, and gave me a great looking cut on the first try. And the feeling was amazing when she shampooed my scalp and massaged my head with the hot steamed towel draped over my face. She really knew how to use her fingers, which relieved so much tension.

5) Stopped by the library today to drop off a book and CD. Somehow, I found myself drifting through the music book section. and i checked out a Bee Gees documentary as well as a biography on Buck Owens. When I arrived home, I immediately watched the DVD. What was so good about it was that Barry, Robin, and Maurice provided almost all of the narration during the two hours. I hope one day I will get to see Barry and Robin perform live in concert.

6) Friday night group is up and running again. It's nice to have a few new faces there in addition to the core four (myself included). I hope they will stick it out into April, unlike a lot of the last attendees.

7) I have to bust out the space heater in the basement yet again. It's September 24 and it will probably be running through April.

8) I do have Skype and I think I've had four conversations on it in six months, three of them with one person. I guess it's worth, but Skype feels like that shirt in my closet I notice on occasion and think about trying on, but I almost never wear it.

9) One day, I don't want anything to do with dating. The next day, I feel really lonely. Then again, is it possible to solve the issue of loneliness without a significant other?

10) I am worried about Come Thirsty. So many people in the group are engaged now or already married. I'm getting scared that this is going to turn into a married couples group. I do not need that feeling frustration and, maybe even, inadequacy. I want to have fun with my friends. But so many of them have new priorities now. I don't want to lose friends all over again. Then again, to quote Billy Joel, "life is a series of hellos and goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again."

No comments: