Friday, May 25, 2012

Draining Friday

This is just a quick rant. So all the yellow flights from LaGuardia to Chicago turned to red late last night. I promptly told CI to get to La Guardia early this morning instead of taking the 12:25. I guess I should have clarified the time as 6 am. So she got there at 8:15 and by then, the nightmare was well under way. After six hours of placing around 25-30 on the priority list and getting bumped, she couldn't wait until mom got back from her tour to go to the airport and do some research. She felt she had to get out tonight. So I wound up driving to the Hoffman Estates library and buying a $375 ticket on priceline that we'll split 50/50.

I felt horrible and I still do. As much as I want to be with her, this wasn't the right way to do it. She should have waited the night or gone back first thing tomorrow morning. Instead I got a stern lecture from mom about maniuplation, integrity, and maturity. I felt she said some very judgmental things, so I'm not going to take all of it seriously.

Working through conflict is such a huge factor in the success of a relationship. And this didn't go well. Cause she got mad at the situation and basically coerced me and it cost me and her a lot of unnecessary money. I know there's a fine line between helping people and getting manipulated. I think the latter happened to me. I can't let something like this happen again.

No comments: