Friday, April 19, 2013

Flooding in Chi-town

1) I swear, between yesterday and today, Chicago has had a foot of rainfall. I go onto Facebook this morning and at least ten of my friends have posted status updates about the flood or photos of their streets that now look like rivers. I'm amazed that I haven't had to deal with any water getting in the basement today.

2) So I visited Quaker Steak and Lube for the first time in Indiana and I thought their wings were pretty good. The issue is I wanted to try some different flavors and I had to order at least six of each wing. In the end, I ordered a bucket with 10 Thaisian (Combo of Asian sesame and Thai) and 10 Dusted Chipotle BBQ. I also got six Louisiana Lickers (Combo of Hot, Cajun, Garlic, and BBQ) and nibbled on a few of the Parmesan peppercorn as well. I like the Parmesan peppercorn, though they were a little too tame for my taste. I could probably order the LA Lickers again though, I think I'd pass on the Chipotle BBQ and Thaisan. Next time, maybe I'll go for the Buckeye BBQ, which is super hot BBQ sauce...And I appreciate fresh lemonade, though I wish I had known refills were not complimentary...

3) Turned down three job offers/training opportunities in the last week. They're all related to marketing and I'm realizing that's just not what I want to do right now. Gonna keep on searching.

4) Less than 36 hours till the 5k. I'm ready to go. I know I can do it in under 25 minutes. Maybe I can hit 22.

5) Chicago Fire soccer game and networking event Saturday night. Two firsts for me: making my own business cards and attending an MLS game.

No comments: