Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Playoff beard stopped

1) I grew my beard out for 8 days, but I had to shave it this morning. Not because the Rangers season has ended, but because I stopped by Wheaton College to follow up about a possible job opportunity. Without going into detail just yet, I applied one week ago on Tuesday, I think it would be a great fit for me, and on the surface, this could be a possible dream job for me. Praying hard over it.

2) Now that the Knicks have knotted their second round playoff series with Indiana at 1-1, I went ahead and booked my trip for Indianapolis next week. I secured a 4th row ticket in the balcony for $46 and through a little wheeling and dealing through Kayak.com, got a hotel room at the Crown Plaza downtown for $77. By comparison, I could not find a hotel room in downtown Indy for under $150, even when I went through the discount websites. I really think this is an excellent deal. My third trip to Indy, hopefully this will end as the last one did. That's in victory.

3) Breckenridge Avalanche Ale has become one of my new favorite beers. It has just a hint of hops and a strong caramel flavor and is a little more robust than a typical wheat beer.

4) I hope someone in the world likes me enough to buy me a blue home Mets Matt Harvey jersey...

5) RIP Dallas Willard. If he mentored John Ortberg into what he is today as a speaker and writer, then he gets all my respect, admiration, and gratitude.

Song pick: "You Take Me For Granted" Merle Haggard

No comments: