Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is this working?

I'm just mortified. I was considering heading to Fifty/50 or maybe some other bar to watch the hockey game tonight. Or with the beautiful weather tonight, maybe I'd go play disc golf or run outside. I really had no idea what my plans for after work held, but I had a lot of ideas and make the evening fun.
 
Well that got shot to hell around 4:40, when my daily review came in. I got 16 errors at work out of 50 files reviewed, which is nowhere near company standards or mine. Meanwhile, my peers never seem to to get more than two or three errors a day. Now I'm back on the train, feeling disgusted and just wondering if I'm worth anything at this damn job. I know I have tomorrow and we get a for week grace period as new his, but the face is running out fast. I think my rates start counting next week or maybe the following week. But the fact is I cannot go on like this. Dammit, I an better than that. Maybe I need to slow down, I don't know. But when they emphasize doing 70 student files a day plus having an accuracy rate over 97 percent, well that's walking a tightrope over Niagra Falls. I don't know right now if I'm capable of both.
 
During training and my first two weeks on the floor, my goal was to learn something each day and keep getting better. I really wonder if I'm improving at all now...

No comments: