Sunday, June 16, 2013

No means no

I never imagined myself in this twisting a situation. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but here's what I have been learning over the last six weeks through this situation.

1) Some people can't accept that no means no. And when I have to be assertive and put my foot down, I feel like the bad guy for refusing or rejecting something or someone. But you know, it can save me from a whole lot more chaos and frustration that would come if I chose to not be assertive.

2) And I have been abandoned by people I liked and even loved. So now I'm in the role I'm not used to. Telling someone I can't give them what they want when I still genuinely care...it's a hard call. 

3) I don't want to destroy anyone emotionally, but then again, they need to be strong enough to handle it. All I can do is explain myself with class and respect and the reaction...well, that's up to the recipient. I have responsibility, but only to a point.

4) Why do so many people want exactly what they can't have. It's refreshing to know people who aren't like that.

5) Oh yeah, Kirk Nieuwenhuis! Walk-off home run! Mets beat the Cubs!!!! Thank you Carlos Marmol for stinking!!!!

No comments: