Sunday, September 22, 2013

Under the Hood

1) Took a good look under the Hood last night (between midnight and 3 am) and I enjoyed the view immensely...

2) Finished the Fellowship Housing 5k in South Barrington in 22:54, good enough for 7h overall out of 140 runners and first place in my age bracket. Plus, I got to meet Olympic runner Evan Jager, which was a real thrill.

3) Jets beat Buffalo, raising their record to 2-1, and it's a good feeling. The defense looks absolutely dominant, with the way they stuff the run and they're doing a better job at rushing the quarterback than they have in years. And the offense totaled over 500 yards; some people didn't think the Jets would amass 500 yards in a two-game span this year! Next week, the Jets go Tennessee, which may have been last season's worst loss. Mark Sanchez threw five interceptions that game and thank goodness he won't be playing this time. Miami and New England may be 3-0, but let's see what happens...Sidenote: I can't feel too sad that the Giants are 0-3. And they lost today to Carolina 38-0!!!

4) Wolfed down a 2/3 pound burger at Fuddrucker's last night, my first visit since I tried to take down the 7 lb monster six months ago. I swear this burger looked like a slider! I wondered if I should have ordered a whole pound! Nice to hang with the Naperville group, especially Ian, Melissa, Rachel, and Maureen. Jason (my sort of twin) showed up. And I met Rebecca, who's a teacher in Oswego, and she was very interesting to talk with as well. She, Jason, Audrey, and I talked about everything from police officers to trains to sesame seeds.

5) I really feel I need to find some good music. I love all my stuff, but it's just starting to get very repetitive.

6) School is 10 days in and it isn't easy keeping up with everything. I wish I could only work four days a week, so I could take a full day, just do schoolwork, and get it off my plate. So far, I have earned 111 of 120 points, for 92%, so I guess that's a solid performance for the first week.

7) I tried to find Silver Linings Playbook in the library, but instead I rented The Hurricane. I always wanted to see the film about wrongly jailed boxing champion Rubin "Hurricane" Carter starring Denzel Washington. I'm sure I'll watch it sometime this week.

8) One more week till the Mets season mercifully ends. At least they swept the Phillies in Philadelphia this weekend.

9) I don't like to curse here, but I would like to give a big F You to the city of Wood Dale, IL for fining me $250 for crossing railroad tracks as the gates were just starting to come down. I couldn't stop the car in time, but there's no way to prove that. Wood Dale businesses will never receive another dime of my money again. And that may even include Top Golf.

10) Three nights till the Matt Redman concert at Willow Creek. For sure, it's going to be special.

No comments: