Thursday, December 19, 2013

Less than a week

1) I'll be back in Tampa and Sarasota, FL in six days. Can't wait to get some sun as this has been one of the most oppressive Decembers I can remember.

2) $400 to fix a virus-infected computer. Sad part is they could charge me $1,000 and I'd still need to pay it.

3) I'm re-discovering Desert Rose Band music. They were a moderately successful country band in the late 89's. their lead singer, Chris Hillman, payed in the Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers. Man, DRB recorded some awesome songs. "Summer Wind" (Not the Sinatra version), "One Step Forward," and "He's Back and I'm Blue."

4) Fantasy football recap: Finished 1st (of 12), and 2nd, 3rd, and 10th out of 10 in my four leagues. In the semis, I won two and lost one. So I can get two titles and a third palce. I'll gladly sign up for that outcome. Thankfully, I'm alive for the title in the Circle of Friends League, though I'm playing the team that has dominated the league all year. Preview of that match to come.

5) I know little about Duck Dynasty. But Phil Robertson has been suspended from the show because he expressed some views that some construed as homophobic. It's sad when a man expresses a view that is not cool or PC and gets reprimanded. So how does this country still have free speech? I'll say it again, I can't handle it whe these people whio preach tolerance refuse to tolerate any viewpoint except their own.

Song pick "There'll Be No Peace Without All Men As One" Ray Charles

No comments: