Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

The last three days have been hell on me. The government took away my unemployment and I now have no more money coming in. After three brutal days and struggle that has lasted seven months and is still going on, I will say this.

I am so glad I went to Willow Creek church last night and heard the great Harvey Carey PREACH about giving thanks in strange places. I'm going to hold onto that message. I'm going to hold onto my faith in God's power to change me, not just my circumstances. I will give thanks because these are the times when people are tested and I'm getting that opportunity now.

I will never be perfect. I will not be the same person again. I'm going to a better man coming out of this desert, even if I don't know when time may come. Even in the midst of this darkness, I will not be broken!

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: