Saturday, December 20, 2014

Twas the Friday before Christmas

And all through the condo, not a creature was stirring, except for the dog because she was hungry again. At least that's the way the story plays out here.

1) Maggie's appetite is relentless. She was even begging for some of Mom's salad. At least Hogan had discernment. He'd go for meat, cheese, and ice cream. Maggie, on the other hand, will go for anything you will put in front of her. I was eating sliced turkey and stuffing for lunch and she stared at me as if she was entitled to half. Of course I gave her about half a slice of turkey. So hard to resist that face!

2) So with another small bald patch on my goatee, I had to trim the sides off, leaving me with a mustache, soul patch, and some chin fuzz. The latest famous person I've been compared to...Captain Jack Sparrow.

3) I find it hysterical that this movie "The Interview" is basically banned from every major movie theater in America. Let me see if I understand this. Two drama movies can come out within a month about plotting to assassinate the U.S. President. But an absurd comedy about knocking off the North Korean dictator is so offensive that it cannot ever be mentioned again. Really? You know it's going to become a cult classic.

4) What is it with me and getting along with people who live out of state? I guess there is the advantage of being able to word your answers just how you want to before you hit the send button. Yet, it's not a real connection. Then, you might find out somebody is not who they said they were. Happened to me twice this year. Found out two certain females were complete frauds, for different reasons, living in the same state and both fans of the same baseball team I root for. Just lame. And pathetic.

5) "You must arrange your days so that you are experiencing total contentment, joy, and confidence in your everyday life with God." Dallas Willard. It's not easy. But I'm going to try.

Song pick: "There'll Be No Peace Without All Men As One" Ray Charles

No comments: