Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mixed emotions

Two jobs worked, eight-page paper submitted for school. I'm ok physically, but mentally, I need a vacation.

When I get home from my jobs, I turn on the TV.
But I can't keep my mind on the show.
When I lay down at night, I don't get no sleep.
So I turn on the radio.

All the good ones are gone.
Somehow I always end up alone.
Back when, there were so many.
Now there just aren't any.

Yet I hold out heart that my heart can be saved.
I really don't know why.
Is it hope?
Is it delusion?

I guess I'll just keep on falling in love
Till it actually turns out right
For the long run.

On a sidenote, I will never back down when I know I'm right. I will not give a damn what this sorry, dark society tells me is good or bad, right or wrong, truth or fiction. Even if people I love hold totally opposite views from me, I will try to love them first. But I cannot afford to sell out. What good is a man who has no integrity?

No comments: