Wednesday, April 15, 2015

NHL regular season recap and playoff predictions

The Stanley Cup playoffs kick off tonight. Before that happens, I'll look back at my regular season predictions and see how off I was!

I got six of eight Eastern playoff teams correct and just four of eight in the West. I never expected Winnipeg and Nashville to be this good. And I think every expert had LA and San Jose making the playoffs and they both failed. As for my predicted Final Four, well...

Eastern Conference FinalsBoston over Tampa Bay

Western Conference Finals
Chicago over Colorado

Stanley Cup Finals
Boston over Chicago
What a disaster. Boston and Colorado didn't even make the playoffs! On that note, let's look forward.

Eastern Conference
NY Rangers oer Pittsburgh in 6
Washington over NY Islanders in 7
Tampa Bay over Detroit in 5
Montreal over Ottawa in 7

NY Rangers over Washington in 7
Tampa Bay over Montreal in 5

NY Rangers over Tampa Bay in 5

Western Conference
St. Louis over Minnesota in 7
Chicago over Nashville in 6
Anaheim over Winnipeg in 7 (thought this could be an upset)
Calgary over Vancouver in 6

Chicago over St. Louis in 7
Anaheim over Calgary in 4

Chicago over Anaheim in 6

Stanley Cup Finals
NY Rangers over Chicago in 7

I don't know if I could handle a Rangers-Blackhawks final. But damn it, the Rangers better win that series if it happens.

No comments: