Friday, May 29, 2015

Here we go...

1) Eleven wins down, five to go. Tonight, the New York Rangers have the chance to reach their second consecutive Stanley Cup Final when they host the Tampa Bay Lightning. I will be live blogging the game later, something I have not done since last year's Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe it will work again.

2) This is undoubtedly the hardest class of the 14. It's a capstone project, so it's one long research assignment and each week adds a new layer onto the previous six. the thing is the level of research is so deep and the professor is really tough for details, so it's challenging to find the right direction. I think I'm doing okay with it. I'm on Week 3 of 6 and my assignment is to find scientific journal studies that relate to my topic of choice. My topic is American Airlines and keeping employee morale and customer service strong as they go through this large merger with U.S. Airways. We'll see what happens.

3) I've run two miles in each of the last three weeks. What's enocuraging now is that I'm not experiencing the sharp leg pains that I was after I ran the previous two weeks. It feels like I'm slowly getting back into running shape again. I just wish we had more than four months a year in Chicago that was suitable for running outside. for the record, any temperature under 55 degrees is brutal for running!

4) Maggie just cannot get enough food. Steak, turkey, cheese, toast, fruit salad, even romaine lettuce, it doesn't matter. If Mom and I eat it, it's fair game. I don't know if she's capable of having a full stomach.

5) I've been taking so many more naps lately.

6) I'd seen Die Hards 1, 3, 4, and 5. I finally just saw #2. It was good, but there's nothing like the first. And anytime a John Amos character dies, I can't help but think about "Good Times."

7) I need to go to Craft in Chicago and try their pizza. And bagels. I hear they boil them, which if you don't know, is the only acceptable way to prepare a bagel.

8) Why can't breakfast restaurants realize there are other syrups besides maple?!

9) As bad as weather continues to be all over the country, you almost start appreciating any day where you get sunshine, 80 degrees, and no rain

10) I cannot wait to quit my second job. Just as soon as I can go full time at COD...that's worth another blog post.

Bonus: Let's Go Rangers!!!!

No comments: