Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Taking this hockey thing in

So the NHL season is mercifully over. After experienceing one of the worst defeats I ever have in the Eastern Conference Finals, I had to endure Chicago and Tampa Bay in the finals. This series felt like the latest Giants vs. Patriots Super Bowl. No matter who would win, I was going to lose. Either it woudl be the team that eliminated my team or all the people around me get their latest title. Of course, Chicago won its third cup in six years. I did not watch one second of the six games, nor did I watch one moment of the celebration.

I actually had to block two "friends" on Facebook who tried rubbing Chicago's title in my face. I don't have time in my life for bullies or rude jackasses. And there was even one clown who said I should be congratulating everyone. This guy clearly ignored me during their last two championships. And why would anyone need my approval, my support, or my congratulations?

I'm sure some people think I'm just angry. Those people don't get it. There are a lot of reasons why I'm just disassociating myself from all hockey talk. One, my team should have been in the Finals and finally winning the Cup that they deserved to win. Two, I don't need to see some second-rate organization (see Tampa Bay's home ticket policy) with a pompous smug prick of a coach playing in the Finals. Three, Chicago has won enough titles already, it's old hat. Four, I have no desire to see people celebrate a title, when they never watch one regular season game, couldn't tell you what an icing is, and could not name one Blackhawk player from before 2008. The frauds make me want to vomit.

Going forward, I am now convinced I'll never see this this era of Rangers team win a Stanley Cup. They had their chances. They've been to three conference finals in four years and failed to close the deal each time. You can't keep going back to the well like this. And for Corey Crawford to have two titles and Henrik Lundqvist to have none is a travesty.

No comments: