Saturday, September 12, 2015

9/11

1) So those pricks at the local college in Glen Ellyn let me go one week ago. What I thought was a part time job that had potential to grow into a full time role turned out to be nothing more than a probationary period. And they chose not to extend my deal. I was pissed off for a day or two, but I'm feeling better about it now. I think back to when I was let go a year and a half. I lost full time pay, benefits, my Master's tuition, and I had no backup job. None of those thigns apply now. Yeah I have bills and a huge ass loan to pay back in time, but I have a waitering job and it looks like I can still get a little unemployment. And with an additional job under my belt and my Master's completed, I'm pretty sure I'll get a decent offer a lot faster than I did last time. In fact today, I had Career Education and Universal Technical Institute reach out to me about possible job openings. So who knows where they may lead.

2) Mom is gone. She is away leading a Collette tour throughout Colorado for the next nine days. We need the break from each other, but I'm glad she has a chance to be on the road since I know she loves it.

3) Those New York Mets. Sweeping Washington three games in Nationals Park, building that division lead to 7 games. Since then, the Mets have beat the Braves twice and Miami knocked off the Nats tonight. The lead is 8.5 games and the magic number to clinch the NL East is just 14. This is such a special season and I wish it wouldn't end. Yoenis Cespedes. The man is an absolute machine. I really hope the Mets find a way to sign him.

4) So the NFL has started. Great. I need a game where Satan (the team in Foxboro) isn't playing. I did not watch one play of Opening Night.

5) 14 years ago. I will never forget. I love New York and I love America.

No comments: