Friday, April 01, 2016

Six days a week

So I'm I'm a stretch where I'm working 17 of 21 days, and when I'm working, that means three hours of commuting. I find that Friday nights are becoming basically meaningless. If there's a social event happening on Friday, I'd really rather not even go. And I have been such a social butterfly in my life and now I feel like I'm stepping back from that. It's not that I'm becoming anti social, but maybe the big group just doesn't hold the appeal and excitement for me that it once did.

We finally hired a new girl. She's really cute, from Long Island, and an Italian. What's not to love about this hire! Unfortunately cnn I found out today that she moved here with her boyfriend. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I know it's not a great idea to mix business and pleasure, I personally never have, but I can't say I would have been opposed to it.

Thank God my dad sent me his new address, which I didn't even know was going on. Otherwise, I would have totally forgotten to send him something for his birthday. I'm pretty ashamed to admit that. But at least I didn't already mail a card because it would have gone to the wrong address.

I'm going to see Alonzo Bodden do stand up on Saturday night. I'm really only doing it because of the groupon, more than 50% off. He's really funny, but more and more lately, he's been going into these ultra liberal crusades, which are just annoying. I just hope I don't have to hear a monologue on why gay marriage is harmless. I don't need it or appreciate it.

A pint of Brooklyn lager for five bucks on the train ride home. Don't mind if I do.

No comments: