Saturday, November 26, 2016

It's real

So how did I spend Thanksgiving? Well, it started off with throwing out a bunch of stuff in the basement that I don't need anymore. I also boxed my DVD collection, my bobbleheads, and most of my pictures from the basement and my bedroom.

This move really is going to happen and I'm strongly believing it will happen in 2017. I can't put a date on it. I don't know exactly where I'm going. I don't know where I'll be working.

I have lived in this house in St Charles IL since July of 2003. Over 13 years and I've had a lot of memories. I've owned two beloved dogs here, I did my Master's degree here, I've made love to women here, I've played a lot of music here, I've ate and drank a lot here. I remember the games. The high of seeing the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs and seeing the Rangers make the Stanley Cup Finals. And I was here for the Mets breaking my heart in the 2006 NLCS and the Rangers lose several heartbreaking playoff series. The loss to Buffalo is the one that sticks out the most.

But I think about myself personally. I've had great conversations with people in here, both in person, on the phone, and through social media, and I've grown so much as a man. I've had some of my worst moments come out here through verbal altercations with loved ones.

I've lived in five houses, not factoring in college. I can't particularly say that one means the most to me. But this one in St. Charles would either be #1 or #2. Edison NJ, I lived there until I was 15. Sure it's my roots, I can't remember as much of it as I wish I could. Wheaton IL, I only had a year there. My most vivid memories are watching TV when Princess Diana passed away, trying to mow that hilly lawn, and the raspberries growing in the backyard. Winfield IL has some personal meaning. On and off, I had four years there. My surprise 18th birthday party was one of the better days of my life. I remember Bible studies, Hogan running all over the house, and the island dining area in the kitchen. Cary NC, well, I only had a little over one year there and of that one year, I was only there around 3 months.

My hope is by my 36th birthday in July, I'll be gone. But we shall see. It's going to be an interesting couple of months. Looks like I have a resume to polish and then send out.

No comments: