Friday, December 23, 2016

10 quick ones

1) Who decided that a cucumber was not a vegetable? All my life, I thought cucumbers were vegetables. Seriously, who makes the decision on what is a fruit and what is a vegetable? What is the standard?

2) Let's stay with the food thing for a little bit. On New Year's Eve, I'm going to the Chicago Chop House for the first time in maybe 15 years. They have one of the best steaks I've ever had and I love that the customer has the option to order it wet aged or dry aged. I'm definitely thinking a bone in Kansas City strip is in the works.

3) I finally had to cut ties with a friend I've known for 6 years. We can disagree on political issues and all of that stuff. But when somebody goes bashing people who believe in God and also insists that people can't control certain things, particularly sexual preference, I just have to draw the line. I just can't respect that type of propaganda or anybody who would dare spread it.

4) I definitely plan on seeing Manchester by the Sea this weekend. I went to college about five minutes from there and I have a feeling this film will bring back a couple of memories.

5) I have a new shower installed in my bathroom and I must say it looks beautiful. It's bright white with a small lip, so I don't have to deal with a bathtub anymore. The one downside is the water pressure is nowhere near as good as it used to be. I don't even have a dial to turn to get different levels pressure. I wonder if $3,500 was really worth it. Then again it's actually draining, so maybe it was.

6) I can't believe I'm going to a church where the freaking bass player wears the Chicago Cubs hat every week. I can't believe they actually allow people to wear that crap on stage. It's inappropriate and it's distracting. And I would say that about any sports team. You just don't do that in church.

7) It feels so strange being home for Christmas. This is the first Christmas season in maybe six years where I have not traveled anywhere. And without having a whole lot to do and not having my actual computer around, it's tough to be able to do much except work around the house. The first of four days off was filled with crawling through traffic and dealing with technical issues with my computer and TV, not exactly a day of fun.

8) I hadn't been bowling and maybe a year-and-a-half, and on my first game out last Sunday night, I bowled a 188. I don't think I've ever had a higher score than that in my life. Unfortunately, it's not going to work out with a girl, but when does it ever work out?

9) As I get older, the idea of falling in love and getting married becomes more and more unlikely to me. The whole process of finding somebody, meeting somebody, and trying to not lose them is just so exhausting. And as screwed up as marriage has become in our culture now, I  have to wonder if long-term relationships are really ever meant to work out anymore. Put it this way, it seems you have to have a ton of money just to attract anybody halfway decent nowadays. And it's freaking pitiful.

10) I'm so thankful I discovered the song "Pray For You". After a certain redhead got engaged to an ugly fat slob last week, it is such a fitting song.

No comments: