Sunday, May 28, 2017

Let me keep on dreaming

You blew into my life like a storm on the shore.
I wasn't ready for your passion, your light, your perfect love
I just knew I was gonna fall for you
It wasn't my plan, but I had not another choice.
And yet I've never gotten to be near you or even hear your voice

I'm still so scared this distance will drive you away
I've been through this before and I never thought I would do it again.
But woman, there's no one else in the world like you.
You get me, you know me, you believe in me.
And I believe in you, and I just can't get enough.
And I can't bear to only have your memory.

I know we agreed
We need to stay just friends
All these miles, they're too much for these broken hearts to bear.
But you're the realest thing in my life.
I feel your presence all day long and I beg for your touch in the night.
No one can do what you do to me baby.
Please let me keep on dreaming that one day you might be mine.

No comments: