Friday, February 16, 2018

Social media etiquette

If I compared how much of my interactions are texts and social media compared to voice to voice, I'd probably be alarmed. I've blown my gasket a couple of times and faced a consequences on rare occasion. But I have a few philosophies on how to handle social media conversations at this stage.

1) If I give you the last words in a disagreement that you start, it's not because I'm stumped. It's because I choose to let it go. But if it boosts your ego, well, guess there's nothing else to say.

2) If I disagree with you, that's fine. But if you say something so outrageously stupid or ignorant, I'm going to call you out.

3) If you tag me in a post, I don't have to read it. Especially if I happened to get under your skin.

4) If we're in a relationship, that doesn't mean I'm going to brag about it on social media. Those posts can often be obnoxious.



No comments: