Monday, May 07, 2018

Fast year

1) It's already past Cinco de Mayo. It really feels like New Year's Eve just happened.
 
2) I'm glad I work at a company where my boss and the campus president have my back. Even if it isn't the stable job I've ever had, having the support of the people of a higher rank means a lot.
 
3) I realize that I'm no wine expert. I went to a wine festival in Norfolk this past weekend and after about my sixth sample, the only categories I had in mind were red and white. I don't know anything about tannins, tasting notes, finishes or any of that. Of course I probably tried close to 50 wines! At least I had a really good time though.
 
4) I think I'm realizing that when I'm mentally stressed and drained, I become very anti-social. I certainly don't mystery people, but part of me just doesn't want to have to put on a happy face when I really just want to do nothing.
 
5) I was going to go to Cincinnati on Wednesday to see the Mets play the Reds. But after seeing what an abomination the Mets have turned into over the last three weeks, why would I waste my time and energy on them? Instead I'm going to retreat into the mountains for a day do some hiking and I pray that a time of self-reflection will be beneficial for me.
 
6) I never thought I could see myself falling for an attorney, because I despise lawyers. I guess it's hard for me to respect people who make a lot of money based off how convincing the lies that they tell. But I don't know, maybe something will actually happen here.

No comments: