Sunday, May 20, 2018

NY Day 3

Sunday was kind of a boring morning. I woke up at seven since that family just didn't know how to shut up. God bless them, I love them, but please let me sleep past 7:30 on a Sunday, I don't think it's asking too much. I wanted to be at church to be honest.

So Jimmy came back with a poppyseed bagel for me and we watched some NXT wrestling and did some online puzzles. We didn't leave until 1:30 and I was ready to get out about three hours sooner. Alex and Gina picked Jimmy, Peter, and I up. We drove through the Bronx and down the West side of Manhattan to Calle Ocho, a nice Latin restaurant located inside a hotel. I ordered a chicken dish with scrambled eggs, avocado, beans, pico, and crispy tortillas. It reminded me of Chilequiles in its own way. Just a total variety of random ingredients that somehow came together well and made for a satisfying meal. But then again after barely eating the entire day, aside from one bagel, I would have eaten almost anything at that point besides Indian food. One of the highlights was the plantain chips and guacamole. I think we had about three orders total. There is something so addictive about good guac. And of course, the free sangria is not to be missed!

Eight of us came and I met Jose, Theresa, and Christine. I have to say Christine and I got along very well, until I found out she was a Yankees fan and a dope smoker. Definitely cute... but then again I have a girl who is a lot more than just cute.

We left the restaurant around 5. Alex Jimmy and Peter drove me to the 2 subway line so I could head back to LaGuardia. After the bus ride and going through security, I settled in the Admirals Club. Of course, what is this Admirals  Club serving for free afternoon? You guessed it...  free guacamole! And I was pretty much ready to overdose on guacamole at this point.

My flight was delayed about three hours but I landed around 12:30 a.m. and got home an hour later.

No comments: