Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Main library blogging

1) There is something about being in a library, in  particular blogging or writing, that enables me to focus so much better on my work. Maybe it's the other people in my presence, the lack of distractions.

2) When a girl sends you a package of Italian beef and Italian sausage, and peppers from Portillo's in Chicago, it's a pretty good sign that she is worth keeping!

3) I am officially numb to the New York Mets. They have scored two runs in their last 42 innings. And the subway series is coming up this weekend. I don't need to say anything else.

4) KFC is now going to be serving vegetarian fried chicken. Please do not call it chicken if it's a vegetarian product, thank you.

5) IHOP is officially changing its name to IHOB. This wouldn't affect me in the least, except I can no longer use my joke that I can no longer say I would love to see a one-legged waiter working at IHOP.

6) I watched a documentary on Mr. Rogers and I am just so impressed with the way he lived his life. I know I don't have that much love and acceptance in me. It's really only because I do care so much about the world and when I see corruption running rampant and immorality being tolerated more and more, it scares me and I cannot bear to stand by. But it did remind me that there are a lot of good people in the world, and I should make an effort to be friends with people who are a little different than me.

7) We, the Pizza serves the best East coast slice of pizza south of New Jersey. Their sausage and peppers pie and their Cajun chicken and andouille sausage were amazing. Crispy crust from top to bottom, it wasn't too thin or too thick, the ingredients were well-proportioned, and the flavors were so bright and fresh. Their soda fountain is also a really unique touch. I had a CREAM soda, which looked more like milk! When I sipped it, it tasted like a balanced milkshake, which is to say, it was less sweet. I don't know what made it a soda, but it was a pretty stellar drink. If I get to go again, I'd probably get the sour cherry.

8) I didn't know Tyson's Corner and Vienna, VA were the Calcutta of the East Coast!

9) The Stone I'm Peach double IPA is one of the best beers I have tried in the last couple of years. In terms of fruit beers, it ranks easily in the top three.

10) I need to find some good music. Feels like I'm starting to play the same songs over and over. Time for a fresh influx. Maybe some jazz or some folk.

No comments: