Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Musings


1) There seems to be a lot of debate over whether people are inherently good or bed. The more I see out of people, the more I think people are inclined to be self centered, which in my mind is a bad thing. As a general rule of thumb, I think people will be good when it's convenient for them, but they will always look out for themselves first.

2) Thank God I’ll never be running for public office. Because anything you did wrong will be held against you. I’ve never committed a crime or been arrested. I think I’ve always lived a clean, straight life. But damn, just the flirting I’ve done alone would disqualify me from even a city council seat.

3) Dunkin’ Donuts is now losing the word donuts from their name, apparently to be more competitive in the breakfast market. Well, considering how lousy their donuts taste, I think they should have gotten it out years ago.  

4) I’m three weeks into my eight week training program for the 10k. And while I’m finishing what I need to, I have to say, it’s taking a toll on my shins and the ball of my right foot. I think at this point, if I’m going to run this race and accomplish the goal that I’ve set out for myself, then I have to ice my legs more often. I did run 6.3 miles in 50 minutes yesterday, which would be exactly what I’m shooting for. It was an extra mile than what I was scheduled to do, but I was feeling good and I felt like I could push it. Then today, I was supposed to come right back for a 4-mile easy run, but I stopped at 1.5. I have to run again tomorrow, and I felt it would be best for me to rest today.

5) I feel as though I have no social life anymore, except when I watch the Jets games with the crew. I guess that’s the sacrifice I made for earning extra income. Working six days a week has really limited any Meetup events. At least my Thursday night group is resuming soon.

No comments: