Friday, March 15, 2019

Let down

I was expecting so much more out of this week. I don't see many weeks that are not consumed with work so this felt special between meetup events, concerts, meeting new people, and running the 8k.

Well Tracy Lawrence gave an absolutely fantastic concert the other night in Hopewell. Publix supermarket makes an absolutely exceptional roast beef sandwich. Other than that, absolutely nothing good has happened.

My voice is all but gone, maybe that's from the show. It already was not feeling good, and that just made it worse.

My left knee has been bothering me for over a week now, but the X-ray came back negative. Yet the doctor does not recommend that I run the race on Saturday. If they can't freaking diagnose me, that don't tell me what to do and what not to do.

And I should have known with this whole get together of this Facebook group that it would go terribly. Once again, I'm the new fish swimming in to a school that's already well formed and well established. I know nobody and even worse, I'm at a swing dance event. I have about as much dancing talent is a freaking quadriplegic and. So I'm sitting at the bar and I don't even know why I'm here right now. I have to run tomorrow and I have absolutely no desire, no excitement. And I am usually so positive, so excited about these events. This time, I don't even know if I care. And it makes me sick to say that considering how hard I trained for 6 weeks. But I'll go.  I just don't know how hard I can really push myself.

No comments: