Thursday, November 07, 2019

Beaten Up

I swear there should be something in the world that I am just naturally good at. I really don't know what it is. I'd like to think that I'm a great writer, but I swear it becomes harder and harder to write something original. And a lot of times I feel like my writing sounds the same the more I read different things that I have written over the years. Maybe it's a style, but maybe it's a lack of ability, I don't know.

I really wonder what I have to offer anybody in a friendship or romantic relationship besides loyalty and the sincere desire to be accepted.  And the only things I know a lot about are sports, running, music, food, travel, and faith. How could I ever pass for anyone's prize?

 My body feels like it is getting more and more tired between my shoulders, my legs and my feet. The hairs on my head are graying. And I really wonder if I wasted something. Like did I waste some kind of gift that God gave me? I wonder if He can ever truly accept me when I die, if I failed to live a life of any significance.  My intentions have always been the best, but the road to hell is paved with them. The older I get, the more I wonder if my life means a thing to anybody besides my parents. 

No comments: