Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Turning into November

1) It's just starting to get cool in the evening, but not to where I need a jacket. And to think if I was in Chicago, I'd already be dressing in layers. 

2) I'm beginning to gather my fall recipes that have become staples. Turkey chili, pumpkin pancakes, Tex Mex chicken parm, and roast pork loin with sweet potato wedges. And I'm sure there will be more to come. 

3) I swear I need to spend more of these evenings off the cell phone and social media and more in books and quiet reflection. Seeing the fools exhort their foolish views, unabashed hate, and childish language on social media reminds me of the kind of person I don't want to be. 

4) I truly don't think I can remember the last time all my sports teams were this bad.  Are you so wonder when one of my teams would win a championship again. Now I really wonder when 1 of them will make the playoffs ever again.

5)  I'm glad I got to see Chris Stapleton perform in concert, it was just a shame that his wife wasn't there to join him on vocals. And oh my gosh, did my feet ever get cold during the last 2 hours.




No comments: