Monday, December 06, 2021

I'm Still Here

Wow I take so much time off sometimes between posts. 

I really don't even want to make an attempt to recap the last 8 weeks, because it would be a fruitless effort. But I'll point out these 5 things:

1) Rocklin Ranch makes the best Cabernet I've ever had

2) I'm scared our financial aid department will completely collapse for being so short staffed.

3) Max Scherzer is really a New York Met!!!!! Can I be greedy and beg for Kris Bryant?

4) I finally have my own Christmas tree and now this apartment really feels like Christmas.

5) I ran the Nauti Lite challenge in Norfolk the weekend before Thanksgiving. I also did this in 2019 a little faster, but the difference is I medaled in my division for both the 5k and 10k. I ran the 5k in 22:27, 61st of 1,223 runners and 3rd of 61 in my age bracket. For the 10k, I finished that one in 47:57, 22nd of 651 and 1st of 36 in my age bracket. The Asics shoes I had were not the best, I really felt some discomfort in my feet. So I will not be running in those for much longer. At this point, I don't know if I've run my personal bests. Can I go faster than I did these races? Yes I can, but would I be risking injury if I did? Maybe the greater victory is being able to do these races, maintain a great pace, and finish as I get older.

What else is on my mind tonight? An amazing girl. That I have to wait and wait for. But that will require its own post. 


No comments: