Thursday, May 10, 2007

Long week going, big one coming up

Well, I've made it through four days of a tough week, and I feel like I'm in survival mode. Including commute times, I've put in 42 hours at CEC and another 13 at the Daily Herald. Usually, I'm off from the paper on Friday nights, but this won't be the case tomorrow. Chris cancelled our meeting so I'm working tomorrow as well. So just counting Monday through Friday, I'll be working 70 hours. My mother is back to work, so I have extra stuff to do around home, preparing dinner, grocery shopping, more house work, etc. So I've been to the gym once in the last 10 days.

And to tell the truth, I feel like I'm wearing down a little. Now I don't like to admit that. I have one day left before the weekend. And I'm not sure what I'll be doing outside of working out and a few hours at the paper late on Saturday. I'm sure watching the Mets-Brewers will be on the schedule...so there will be no Miller beer for me this weekend!

This will be a huge two weeks for my Mets. 3 games against Milwaukee (the so-called best team in baseball), 4 against the (groan) Cubs, and 3 against the Yankees, before 6 games on the road against the Braves and Marlins. I want 5 out of 7 against the Cubs/Brewers and I'll live with losing 2 against the Yanks, as long as we take two in Atlanta. It's time for us to beat them in a series this year.

The Rangers season ended Sunday in Game 6 in the quarterfinals. Great job by the Broadway Blueshirts, we just lost to a better team.

I had lunch out today, I got a Coke with a lime in it to drink and the lime was floating. That's good news. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I will reach for a lime. The lime will be my buoy for survival. My life has been saved by the power of citrus.

Thank God, it's 3.5 weeks left until my vacation.

Music pick: "Just to Satisfy You" Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson

No comments: