Thursday, May 17, 2007

Delgado hits a ground ball...Put it in the books!

Oh baby. That was one of the best wins I can remember in some time. I extend my deepest sympathies to any Cubs fan reading this...

Nothing like hearing Ron Santo whine and moan. I know he's been through a lot with diabetes, he's a done a lot for charities, and I respect that. This is different. I'm tired of hearing him lament over 1969. I'm tired of this talk about him wanting to blow up Shea Stadium when it closes next year. Look, Ronnie. It's been 38 years since your boys choked. Get over it Ron. Or at least stop lamenting about it over the air when I want to hear a baseball game.

Now I have a few other things to talk about. There seems to be an urge for people I know to get married. The funny, and somewhat weird, thing is I know a number of women who have either recently gotten engaged to are are dating guys who look way way older than them. I'm not going to name names, but it's like being around Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall.

I miss Peter Pan peanut butter. Jif just isn't the same.

In the last 3 months, I have killed at least 50 moths in my house.

Surprising stat: One-fourth of all calories Americans consume in a day come from soda/pop.

White Fence Farm has some incredible fried chicken.

A fourth Die Hard movie is coming out? I'm thinking about this like the last Rocky movie, I'm somewhat intrigued, but with low expectations. I don't go to many movies, but chances are I will check it out.

Music pick: "Every Which Way But Loose." Eddie Rabbitt

Thus concludes my most random post ever.

No comments: