Saturday, January 03, 2009

Still on ice

The remodeling on the house continues. I am now up to two weeks with no sink in my bathroom. Granted, this is not the worst thing to ever happen in my life, but I am a little tired of brushing my teeth in the kitchen. The Sedona red/orange paint I used to have on the walls is also gone and has been replaced by an aquamarine sort of deal. Can't say I like the change, but it'll do. Compared to some of the horrific flowery wallpaper I saw when I first moved in, it's actually much better.

And though it looks a lot nicer, my shower is not better. I have a stainless steel head now, and it must have been designed by those "Go Green" nutjobs. Because I get about half the water pressure of my last shower. With the temperature around 20 degrees outside, it is taking way too long to warm up.

Speaking of ice, let's get to some hockey. I enjoyed watching the Winter Classic from Wrigley Field on Thursday. Great pace for the first two periods until Detroit started to pull away. Hull, Mikita, and Espo singing "Take Me Out To The Hockey Game" was an outstanding touch. The broadcast may have missed a little bit with Doc out due to laryngitis, but Dave Strader filled in admirably. And it goes to show, you actually can install video boards at Wrigley Field. Would that be so outrageous?

And as for the Rangers, well, first place in the Atlantic Division is no longer theirs. They have only played one game in the last week, a 5-4 squeaker over the Ice-landers. Since then, Philly has jumped ahead of them by two points and the Devils tied them. Tonight, they play in Washington, which has been torture this year. Two weeks ago, they blew a 4-0 home lead and lost 5-4 in regulation. It is time for the "stars" to show they deserve the contracts they got and the reputations they have somehow attained. That means Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Michael Roszival, and certainly Wade Redden.

Song picks:

"Tullahoma Dancing Pizza Man" Eddie Rabbitt: I can't believe I cannot find this song on CD or online. It is so cool. I was a little surprised to find out this town is in Tennessee and not on the east coast.

"(Laura), What's He Got That I Ain't Got" First Edition: I probably posted this one before, but I never get tired of it. Granted, there is one rather twisted lyric towards the end. But it goes to show, don't lie, don't cheat, or you will pay the piper. A few people could stand to learn that.

No comments: