Saturday, January 09, 2010

Two hours...

Until the Jets begin their 2010 postseason against the Bengals. I'm very excited as evidenced by my two Jets bracelets, Pennington jersey, and Jets license plate frame.

The weather is going to be very cold and windy and both these teams pride themselves on running the football. So it will likely be low-scoring. The Bengals have the superior quarterback, although the Jets counter with the best defense in football and unarguably, the best cover CB in Darrelle Revis. Man, if this defense just had a pure pass rusher. I think behind that great offensive line, Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene will run better for the Jets than Cedric Benson will for Cincinnati. That will allow Jay Feely to kick a few field goals and that will be key. The most important thing is the Jets (Greene and Sanchez, especially) cannot turn the football over. This has been their undoing in so many of their losses and they cannot win in the playoffs if they continue to do that. Suffice to say, I expect this game to go down to the last possession and the Jets will pull it out.

Now I will not be home. I will be watching at Rookie's, because I believe Mom will be home this afternoon. And I would like to spare her of feeling my emotions and instead share them with 100 strange strangers. Of course, road rage then enters the situation...

Song pick: "Can I See You Tonight" Tanya Tucker

No comments: