Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two straight nights?

I guess a lot of emotions leads to me wanting to express myself. I felt tremendous joy today. At Feed My Starving Children, there were 90 of us packing food. About 60 were grade school kids from First Baptist. Our goal was to fill 100 boxes (3600 meals total). We did 104 boxes in one hour and are going to feed 62 kids for one year. After the devastating earthquake, it is that much more important since almost all of Haiti needs the food, not just the orphanages.

I got to work in the warehouse, running and stacking boxes, refilling soy and rice, and scooping ingredients from huge sacks into bins. The cool part was a news crew from Channel 7 ABC was there and they filmed me scooping soy. From my media work, I knew not to look at the camera and the guy filmed just me for 30 solid seconds. Of course, all anyone would really see was my hairnet! I'm recording every ABC news telecast until noon tomorrow. Maybe I will see myself on TV tomorrow?!

I'm glad Court and I got to have dinner by ourselves. I certainly missed Steph, J-Schu, Burnie, and Fish, but a little 1-on-1 time is good too. And Blackie's serves some huge portions. I really enjoyed my Cajun chicken sandwich. I almost got the sandwich with guacamole and honey mustard, but I just don't know how well those two would go together. And we had some really good conversation too.

Andthen there's the Mets. Beltran had microfracture knee surgery and the Mets never knew. Now he will need 12 weeks of recovery time before he can resume baseball activities and will miss the start of the season. What a disaster. It's 2010 and absolutely nothing has changed.

Collin Raye: "But I never knew how quickly I would go from someone you love to someone you used to know."

I am listening to "I Never Go Around Mirrors" for the sixth straight time.

No comments: