Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wrap up

90 degrees in May. I could get used to that. First inning of Mets vs. Yankees right now. Johan vs CC. This has to go better than last year did.

1) My softball team is 2-0. I guess I'll have to get used to that red t-shirt we wear. I haven't had a chance to catch a fly ball in the outfield, just throw one ball into the infield that was a base hit. Brian is not the most accurate pitcher in the league, but he's tough. That said, we can't afford to give up so many walks when we play the better teams in the league. Hopefully, this Darren guy an give us a little more stability in the circle. I like our defense, particularly at shortstop and third base. We have Erics, two Tims, and two Georges and all six can hit line drives. And between Clay (who I still want to call Lincecum because of his hair) and me, we're two speedy, hustling outfielders.


2) Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks for reaching the Stanley Cup Finals. They lost a ton for years, drafted very well, and got the right coach. That said, I am still not sold on Antti Niemi. Anyway, my team has not even sniffed the semifinals in 13 years. Will take something special to get them back there.


3) Played my first round of disc golf on Saturday. Didn't do too great, but I think it will be better next time. No lost discs, though I did have to retrieve one from the edge of a lake. I really want to become a better putter this year.


4) This week will be brutal. My day job includes three hours of Blessing White training on Thursday morning plus all the extra makeup work my team has to do right now. For the Herald, baseball, softball, and volleyball all begin playoffs and soccer is in the sectional round. But it all ends Thursday night and I leave for Wisconsin the next morning.


5) Danni Leigh. How is she not a star in American country music while the talentless continue to thrive?


6) (Two hours later) I like my new black ladder bookshelf. Had the same brown fake wood desk in my bedroom for 20 years. A change was necessary. The assembly wasn't bad either. Sorry about the black mark on the ceiling, Mom.


7) DR is a real sweetheart.


8) Biggest thing I got from Proverbs 19 was patience and how it isn't necessarily about being good at waiting. It's about having wisdom and good sense.


9) Current books: Satchiel Page, Steinbrenner


10) Put it in the books!

No comments: