Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twisted

That CT conversation may have been one of the most kind, yet absolutely awkward of my life. I'm trying to value them, but they get more and more difficult as time goes by.

I feel tonight I should have a lot to say. I think that right now I'm typing not because I'm inspired by a thought, by a person, or anything like that, but because it's my duty. That doesn't seem like the most organic method.

1) I have given up on the Jets twice in two weeks. Each time they have won in the last 15 seconds. Either I am a fool and need to learn my lesson or I should keep walking away towards the end of a game.

2) Nevertheless, the Jets are tied for the league lead in wins. I love Santonio Holmes and David Harris, am starting to seriously believe in Mark Sanchez, and hate how this defense continues to regress. Although I think I saw something no homo sapien has ever reported. And I think I was mentally stable at the time. I had to count my fingers, blink a few times, breathe deeply in and out. But did I see Vernon Gholston actually touch a quarterback?

3) And that damn Peyton Manning would have given us first place all by our lonesome if not for a horrible INT at the end of the game in Foxboro. I guess the Jets will just have to take care of this themselves.

4) The Mets have hired Terry Collins as their new manager. I am not excited about it. But I will give it time. The big question is what will Sandy, JP, and Paul do in terms of player personnel in a season where they have so little money to spend and there are seemingly so few quality free agents available.

5) Ellen gave her faith story in church today, speaking about our time in Kentucky. She referenced me. She said that on the trip she was a little uncomfortable that the next youngest person was almost twice her age. After the service, I told her that I appreciate she included the word "almost".

6) Rookie's Godfather pizza is one of the best I have ever had. Sausage, roast beef, onion, tomato, and hot giardinare.

7) Three days of work this week. I am really excited for Thanksgiving. We'll be going back to Weber Grille. Unlike 2 years ago when I did this, I hope I won't have the flu that day.

8) Hackensack, I can't wait...

9) I thank Pastor Brian for teaching us today that there is a significant difference between feeling thankful and giving thanks. Also, perhaps our praise and worship is not complete if we have not thanked God for a blessing we have received.

10) I am 0-for-5 in typing the word h-a-v-e correctly in this post...

No comments: