Saturday, January 29, 2011

#700

So this is post number 700. I just didn't have it in me to post after the Jets blew another AFC Championship game. After two days where I felt numb, I started to come out my haze. But, I find the best thing is to think about the game as little as possible. So it is almost 2 am and I just got home from a great time out. Macaroni Grill, Whole Foods, a $1.75 movie. Time to brainstorm.

1) I feel pretty good about the New York Rangers. 6th place in the East. I really like that this is a team. It's not a group of imports who are wearing the jersey. This is a group of players working together and playing together. My two hopes for the second half: A functioning power play and good health. And I can't wait to see Ryan Callahan back on the ice!

2) This is looking like a dead weekend. Not exactly looking forward to the NHL All-Star Game. But Henry Cloud will be speaking at Willow Creek, I may go check it out.

3) The elevator traffic at work is driving me crazy! Traveling from the lower level to the eighth floor this morning, we made five stops!

4) The cafeteria did have a weekly fish taco bar on Thursday. Shrimp, tilapia, and cod sauteed together. And I think there were six or seven toppings. I may just go for that next week.

5) Went to the gym four straight days. Feeling pretty good about that. Feeling pretty disappointed that I have to hunt for a new gym and pay for it in the next few weeks.

6) I am pumped up for St. Charles Restaurant Week! 25 percent off every eatery in the city for five days. Every one except Francesca's it seems. I definitely plan to take advantage of it!

7) I really want to remember God's presence better as each day goes along. Seriously.

8) Excited to eat my Carole's cookie tomorrow might. Oatmeal raisin with pecans. Stellar!

9) Pumped to hear Joe and Evan will be traveling to Chicago in May for Mets vs Cubs. Just when I had promised myself I would go to just one game and not get excited...

10) Four weekends till ROH's 9th Anniverary show in Chicago Ridge. I am so ready for this show!

Song pick: "Beg, Steal, Borrow" Ray LaMontagne

No comments: