Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend update

Well, there's no real topic that is really jumping out to me right now. But the Rangers are 40 minutes from facing off against Montreal in the Bell Centre (God help us!). So let's recap this week.

1) That blizzard was some of the most treacherous weather I have ever seen. It really started to pick up in the middle of Tuesday. My 45 minute drive home took an hour, 15 minutes. Now even though the airports had closed, Woodfield Mall had closed, and so on, I just had a feeling we would have to come into work. The only way I would not have expected to come in was if the power had gone out. I woke up at 6, showered and dressed. I called Mike and he said we didn't have to go in. I had no idea where he was getting his information from. Earlier that morning, he had written on FB that he was going in. Apparently Keith contacted him and said we weren't going in. But I needed more than that. So I decided to text Keith as soon as we hung up. Well we winded down the call and just as I was about to press the end button, Keith calls. We indeed had the day off. Off went the khaki pants and on went the sweats.

2) The work week all in all felt quiet. The office is nice. I could deal with the changes if it wasn't for the extra 30-40 minutes of driving I have to do every day.

3) My meal out this week was a Kobe burger with cheese, shrooms, and caramelized onions. The chef apparently figured I wanted it rare. The damn thing was still pink inside. Against my better judgment, I finished the burger and just hoped my stomach would hold up. Thankfully, I'm fine.

4) The Knicks are frauds. They may even miss the playoffs. Even if they sign Carmelo Anthony or trade for him, I am convinced they can only go so far with Mike D'Antoni as their head coach. Between running an 8-9 man rotation, keeping certain players in the doghours for way too long, and the lack of defensive system, I just do not believe in this coach. They may reach the Eastern Conference finals one year or two years, but that dream of a championship will remain elusive.

5) How are there still commercials running for the Sobakawa pillow?

6) I have to find out where this Al's Italian Beef in the either Carol Stream or Glendale Heights is located...

7) Oh yeah, football. Good luck Green Bay. I am anything but excited. This isn't football, it;s a spectacle. I mean, do we need a freakin' red carpet show leading into the Super Bowl?

8) After four straight putrid Ranger power plays where they total two lovely shots, that prick Gomez scores the first goal for Montreal. It never changes.

This post is finished.

No comments: